What types of caulk should I use in Salisbury, MD.
The purpose of caulking is to bridge the joining of two materials. Always make sure you are chosing the appropriate caulk for the surface and gap size to which you are applying it to.
Some examples where caulk will be used inside a home are:
• Trim Molding - Drywall
• Trim Molding - Door Casings
• Trim Molding - Trim Molding (ex. 2-3 piece crown molding, fireplace mantle, built-in book cases)
• Window casing - Window
• Backsplash - Drywall
• Tub - Tile
• Shower Stall - Drywall
Some examples of where caulk will be used on the outside of a home are:
• Siding - Trim
• Trim - Trim
• Window - Siding or Window - Trim
• Brick - Siding
This can just go on and on and on. There are so many materials that can be used when building or renovating a home, the important thing is to know what type of caulk is best to use and to make sure it is prepared properly before application.
Some different types of caulk are:
• Very easy to work with • Accepts all paints well • Good for small gaps • Does not have great flexibility so apply where temperatures are consistent • Dries very fast • Inexpensive
Siliconized Acrylic Caulk
• Easy to work with • Accepts all paints well • Great choice for interior and exterior • Good flexibility for small to medium size gaps • Good cost value for benefits received
• Can be challenging to work with • Does not accept paint • Excellent adhesion over properly prepared surfaces • Excellent flexibility for medium to large size gaps • Best used on non-porous surfaces • Popular choice for Tub, Tile, Glass and Metal
• Easier than Silicone to work with but harder than Siliconized Acrylic • Excellent adhesion and flexibility • Will form back to original shape when stretched • Paintable • Can be applied in wet and cold conditions
For assistance with any of your caulking needs, give Arey Painting a call @ 410-341-0605 or scroll down to the bottom of this page to book an appointment online.