What interior paint should I buy for my painter? - Arey Painting
Behr, Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin Moore, PPG, Valspar?
The answer: None of the above!!
That's right. I'm sure you have much better things to do with your time than to figure out what paint to use. What I'm telling you is to let the tradesman, who work with the products everyday, select the paint.
I know you probably mean well and want to make sure you're getting the best paint possible or for the best price, but let me ask you a couple questions:
1) Don't you think your local professional painter (Arey Painting in Salisbury, MD) would know a little bit better what the best paint product will be for your project?
- We have applied thousands of gallons of paint over the years and know what works best for the type of surface you have, condition of the surface, type of room you are painting, and know the performance of the paints. I would be happy to share with you the reasons why if you ask.
2) Are you worried that you won't be getting the best deal on paint or may even be getting upcharged for the paint by the contractor?
- Adding a percentage to a contractors special price is part of the business and is not an uncommon practice. I do not blame anyone who uses this practice as long as it's not more than what the customer would be paying if they purchased it themselves but I personally choose to pass on my contractor pricing directly to my client. This can be anywhere from 20 - 35% savings every time. No waiting for that "big sale" to happen. You can get it every time with us!
3) Are you concerned that the paint will not be of premium quality if purchased by someone else?
- At Arey Painting you always get the premium treatment. We apply the best products that we have come to know and trust that leave a high quality finish and our clients happy. You have every right to know what is being put on your home and are welcome to ask at the time of the estimate what type of paint will be used.
If you are still not convinced that letting your paint contractor supply the paint is the best option, please just let them know ahead of time so that the paint brand, paint type, paint amount, and number of applied coats of paint can be agreed upon.
Have a very Merry Christmas!!